Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Cherishing the PRESENT: Lets live in the moment

We humans are weird. We tend to search and look for things that makes us rethink everything about life and then lose our moment of happiness. One such reason is longing for the past or being afraid of the future.

We have quite forgotten how to live in the present without letting our mind drift off to an another time frame.

I was struggling with this right now before it struck me and I decided writing it. I was constantly being reminded by my brain that I'm leaving for college next week. Hence I was wasting the one week I already have also which is inevitable by focusing on what the future holds for me rather than enjoying and cherishing these days.

We tend to look back and yearn for the days gone by, trying to get one last chance to say or do things that we haven't while we had the chance. We go into nostalgia and reminisce. We replay all the scenes in our head and think about what could have we said or done if you were there now.

We get so caught up in the past because we did not allow to live those pasts when they were our presents. 

We also seem to look and figure out what lies ahead of us, the future. We're scared of what it holds for us.  The worst part of living in the past or the future is that we lose the power of controlling the present and creating the future. We lose the ability to create the future that we have been stressing over. The past is gone, the future hasn't arrived yet. The only place where we could take an action is the present.

If you aren't living in the moment, you're living an illusion.

Living in the moment means doing or feeling or seeing something what is right in front of you, in your surroundings. The most important thing is to let yourself experience everything, the good, the bad and the ugly and once you have experience it, you let it pass. We must feel the presence of the moment otherwise it will haunt us and would make us live life with regrets.

Lets live in the current frame of time and feel the cool breeze and smell the fragrant flowers because what is life full of care if you have no time to stand and stare.

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. Great thought Sakshi! All the best for college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sakshi... I agree we need to live in the present and enjoy what we have... you are so right that we look back and forward without really seeing what is in front of us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree...
    Present is God's present...
    Hence its called PRESENT!

    Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true...I'm going through the exact same thing as well...Pretty often we fail to focus on what is good with our lives and focus on the past or future to feel miserable...And I am a victim of this same thing...:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the honesty. This isn't impossible, right? With a little bit of motivation and introspection, you can live in the moment and believe me, the way you look at life would change :)

      Delete
  5. You are so right mami....**whispering** thanks for visiting my blog....okay back to your post, I can relate to this....truly...all we have is now...you can't do anything bout yesterday...and you can't do anything bout tmr even if you set the pace.....fact is...this minute as I type this is what I got......Nice one mami..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sakshi living in the present is the most sensible thing to do. But like so many other aspect as of life, the most sensible thing is not the easiest. I remember one of your earlier post on how our memory get rekindled by a little smell or a sound or some such small thing. Are we humans evolved enough to control our minds from so many such triggers that constantly pushes and pulls us to a past or future? I personally believe that past/present/future are all good places to visit but bad places to stay. A good life needs a balance ..Did i sound like a Zen philosopher now? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do sound like one :D
      I'm glad you remember my other post as well. It's called the nostalgic blast from the past. I agree, the most sensible things is not the easiest but nevertheless the need of the hour.

      Delete
  7. these are very truthful and wise words. you're so right. i believe that it's goot to rethink things so that we can learn from our faults and to make it better in the present and in the future. but often we rethink things too much and forget to live in the present and to cherish it, to enjoy it - because life is lived in each moment right now!

    thanks for your comment on my blog, too. i'm glad you liked my livingroom. i appreciated your compliment.

    let's stay in touch! i love your thoughts about life :)

    x
    dahi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit that I have become a big fan of your posts. About this post, I can say that it is so much truth in it. We do become too caught up in the past or daydreaming about the future that we sometimes forget to live in the now. Yep, we shouldn't be living in the past, we always need to move on.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well said!

    sending love from #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post! Its so true, not enough of us think about the present, we're often too caught up elsewhere!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...