Sunday, 1 June 2014

Happiness comes in small packages

Cute ^.^

When I started blogging way back in the years, I wrote my first blog post on my last blog with the same name: happiness comes in small packages!

I wrote about how it was raining that day and since I love rain so much, I jumped outside and danced in the rain until it eventually stopped and it filled me with ecstasy and further concluded how we look for happiness in bigger things but how we can find happiness in the smallest of things itself.

---

It rained today.

I jumped out again to feel the rain.

I wasn't happy. I soon got bored and went back inside.

"What am I doing?", I asked myself. It then  reminded me of how I wrote a post on the feeling I got years back in the same situation."Is it because I have turn older?" I asked myself again. "It is important to become a child and enjoy things", I replied to myself. I then realized that I had stop being happy. I did not find happiness in small things as I used to and that needed to change.

So, I stepped outside again and welcomed the rain with open arms. I started reminding myself the reasons rain excites me so much. I paid close attention to each details as I felt the rain droplets falling on my skin, the cool breeze playing with my hair, the sweet sound of the rain droplets in my ears as it hits the ground and the smell of the wet mud. It made me happy again...

...and I danced under the rain while the nature orchestra played and the lightening became my spotlight till it eventually stopped.

I soon started finding happiness in small packages again :)

---

We usually find happiness in big things. A promotion, big house, expensive restaurant but fail to realize that happiness is a state of mind and we choose to be happy or not. We can find happiness is smaller things as well. Not only it is important to recognize and appreciate every moment that brings you joy, it is also important to remember those moments so that you can access it when you're feeling low. A happy memory can totally erase a bad hair day.

What makes you happy?

20 comments:

  1. Nice post..
    http://www.ananyatales.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a well written post! Definitely kept me humble (: Hope you keep enjoying the little things in life

    http://ad12ienne.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going out in the rain in my swim suit when I was a little girl (maybe around 10) and splashing around. I always loved the rain because it brought the toads out on our cul de sac that is at the bottom of a hill. I like even the green lights that pave my way to my point ""B." Thank you for putting positive thoughts in my head! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could remind you of the good memories you had :)

      Delete
  4. Well writen Sakshi. In fact i have written something very similar 'When the heart smiles'... http://bhaskar2312.blogspot.in/2013/08/when-heart-smiles.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe this Sakshi, I know happiness is usually a choice. There are life altering events where it is not so easy to choose it but what I always hope to do is hang on until it is a choice again... right now, it is a choice again.

    I love how you write, the next time it rains on a weekend, I am going to dance in it... it has been years but I used to have so much fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your approach on happiness. Yes, there are times when life can be pretty hard and that is when we need to focus on small little things that makes us happy and see on the brighter side! :)

      Delete
  6. A very nice post. In response to your question, it is very rarely the big things that make me happy these days. I think that comes with age, as most of the biggies like the job, house, etc., are taken care of. Most often it is the moon. I am always, and forever will be, awestruck by it and very happy that I am lucky enough to be able to gaze up at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at the night sky has always made me happy. It brings me inner peace. I wrote about it too:

      http://imcapturingsunshine.blogspot.in/2014/03/stargazing-diamonds-in-sky.html

      Delete
  7. Nice post Sakshi. Happiness truly comes in small packages. We, as humans, look for bigger things to quench our thirst and hence miss out on truly meaningful moments..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Humans do need to understand this. Happiness is a state of mind! :)

      Delete
  8. As I always say, It's the small things in life that matter the most :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain always bring the best out me and thunder and lightning scares the hell out of me..lol I just get scared it's gonna strike my house eee.. but ur post remind me of my +2 ..I got kicked out of a class for staring out on rainy day hehe..but I enjoyed so much that day it still tingles ..ll felt like sharing :) ..Indeed it's silly and small things which matter most

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both share a mutual love for rain <3
      Thank you for sharing! :)

      Delete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...