Monday, 10 March 2014

Stargazing: Diamonds in the sky

The night hides a world, but reveals a universe”
Close your eyes and travel back to a time when you were a kid, outside, staring at the stars.You’d lay on your back, drawing the constellations you knew with your finger.You probably wanted to stay there forever, looking for comets and falling stars, hoping to catch a glimpse of them and just loving that peaceful feeling that naturally comes with it.

I always wanted to be an astronaut as a child.
 The dark night sky with shining stars never failed to amaze me. I would stare at them for hours. The longer you stare the more they appear, captivating you more and more by second. Years later, this beauty still mesmerizes me. While gazing up at the stars, I feel a sense of peace within me. It grounds me, humbles me, calms me and holds me at wonder all at the same time. At first they're beautiful then it slowly makes you realize how vast is the space you're looking at and how small you are in comparison and how insignificant all your problems are.
Since the very beginning, stargazing has been the perfect stress reliever for me. It has now become a daily routine for me as it gives me the perfect solitude place and time where I could be all by myself, looking up in the sky and contemplating how beautiful life is. It seems like the only time I can sit quietly and really take in the surroundings.It teaches me to be grateful and humble and all the thoughts in my head which were messed up gets properly organized. It is surprising how many feelings can it generate.
It is said that diamonds are a girls best friend but for me nothing can beat these diamonds in the sky.
If you never tried it before, try it tonight! Experience the nature in its most beautiful and pristine form as it is said experience nature, experience life, experience yourself. I'm sure the beauty would leave you dumbstruck. The stars shining above are a billion of years old. They have stories to tell, mysteries to unfold. All you have to do is just look up.
How does stargazing makes you feel?

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. I love star gazing, I have made a commitment to my youngest that this year we are going to lay outside on a blanket at night and look at the stars :) That and watch clouds and decide what they are... those were fun times when I was younger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dh mas..
    Mantep, Lumayan mas buat nambah pngetahuan ane :)

    Skalian blogwallking yuk mas..
    K'sini mas...
    http://thalp0uz.blogspot.com
    Ditunggu coment backnya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too used to love stargazing as a child, I remember lying in the grass or on a sunbed in the garden and just staring into the night sky, wondering how far I was actually seeing and being amazed that we don't fall off the Earth into space. I was aware that it was gravity that keeps us grounded, but it was all so amazing and made me feel so small and insignificant.

    I don't star gaze so much anymore, but I will on the odd hot summer night lie down on our balcony and stare into the dark night sky. We are lucky that we live in a rural area, so that the stars are not made less visible by street lights and traffic. It still amazes me why don't don't just fall off the face of the Earth and I never want to lose that sense of amazement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really miss the innocence we have as kids. No matter how much I want it that back, I know I have lost it forever. Those were the days :')

      The light pollution in the cities combined with the smoke and dust does limit the visibility of stars to quite a lot extend and also someone on twitter told me that no one has time to stargaze anymore. Some people have no idea how running away from nature affects us.

      Delete
  5. Beautifully written post.. I enjoyed reading it.

    Thanks
    Bramblerose
    http://www.bramblerose.com.au/wooden_toys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful, Sakshi. I'm glad I visited your blog. Following now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post makes me so nostalgic, remembering my good old days in my hometown spending nights watching the sky, filled with constellaions . Only if you did that since childhood will you realise its stress relieving powers, and the awesome feeling. But it has been a long time since I moved here. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...